We Offer you pre-buy inspections for ALL MAKES of Vehicles
Unsure if the car you're looking at is worth the cost of an inspection?
Easy! We'll do a 'walk-around' inspection on anything you bring us for just $29. That reduces the odds of having to pay for a complete used car checkout, only to find it's no good. If we like it, and if you wish to proceed with the rest of the inspection, the walk-around becomes free of charge.
Pre-Purchase used-car check-outs ~~ cheap insurance:
Since 1994 we have offered the best pre-purchase used car and truck assessments in southern Florida. The Service is very specific and tailored over the decades to provide you with a definite outcome for a reasonable price.
We DO NOT offer parking lot inspections or mobile on-site inspections as they are so inferior as to defeat the WHOLE PURPOSE of a Buyer's Check, which happens to be ... getting it right. We need all the facilities of our workshop at hand.
What to Expect
- We need 1/2 day heads-up when you schedule your pre-purchase inspection
- We'll need the vehicle for three hours minumum: a good pre-buy takes that long
- Please send with the car: any and all past service records, and a Carfax®report, if you have them
- Expect to spend ten minutes on the phone-interview after drop-off
- If the inspection goes to fruition, most cars run $149 for the complete Service
- Expect pickup or post-inspection consultation to take about ten minutes
- Arrangement can be made to handle all of this over the phone, including payment
- You will get a written report and estimated valuation to go with the verbal one
- If you wish to wait at the workshop, we have a clean humble 200sq/ft waitng room with WiFi, books and magazines, and a Mexican food-truck next door.
No used car is perfect. That's why we're here for you! Vehicle inspection allows us to help you buy a used car; to discuss with you at length whether it is a wise purchase. We also seek to value the auto for you, when compared with its peers -- used autos of similar make, age and mileage -- so that you can have the best 'new' car your budget and desires permit.
Check List for our Pre-Purchace Inspection team
|Chassis / Frame||Damage||Inspect for rust or major past collisison repairs often missed by Carfax®|
|Engine||Wear||Tests for noise, irregualr cranking, indication of low oil pressure, leakage, abuse|
|Transmission & Final Drive||Wear||Tests for correct operation, including extensive road testing, review of service records|
|Body & Interior||Damage||Rate cosmetic condition vs. asking price and Kelly Blue Book® price (if applicable), and advise client how it compares with other cars of similar age and mileage|
|Suspensions||Wear & Damage||Tests for correct operation, including extensive road testing, inspections for abuse|
|Tires, brakes, battery, hoses, belts||Overview||These items do not represent "buy" or "don't buy" items, but where possible will be inspected|
Already bought a used car?
We also offer post-purchase inspections for those who did not get their used car checkout, or wonder whether their old car has ... had it. These inspections are similar to the above checklist except that chassis / frame, body, & interior line items are deleted, and the tires, brakes, battery, belts and hoses line item becomes a detailed inspection of those, and similar day-to-day items.
Conveniently and Appropriately Located
We are about 10 minutes from The Miami Airport, ten minutes from downtown Miami. We are just off I-95 which is good for those coming from the north and south side and Oro Valley. Better still, being located near the freeway and in an uncongested area we can properly road-test cars and trucks so that when we check a used car we're not limited to a ten-minute drive around the block in city traffic.